Quote:

Quote:

No, I'll never be invited to that elite club, nor will I ever get the secret handshake.

Hello John! I am Dave and own a company called ECS Automotive Concepts. First of all I would like to say that people like YOU are the reason that I am privileged to do what I do. I appreciate your humble demeanor but want to let you know that you ARE in fact part of the "elite club". Guys like you actually invented and own the "secret handshake." This hobby has been a foot mat for the "elite" way too long. It belongs to guys just like you, me and the rest of us here!! I am not asking for your business or trying to extend a manipulative, insincere gesture. I simply wanted to let you know that your place in this hobby IS up there with the "Best" because YOU ARE PART of what makes this hobby the "Best"! Take care and enjoy the Cars.

You are absolutely 1,000% correct Mr. DW. As owner of B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. I've been in this hobby since dumping yellow in a diaper, at least it seems that way. For the first 25 years being on the other side of the counter and lived the dream of poor quality, dishonesty, greed and deceit. The whole MOPAR experience felt tainted and somewhat dirty with either trying to buy parts or cars. There definitely was the "good guys and buddy club" with a secret hand shake.

I met Dave Walden about 4 years ago and we hit it off right out of the box. His philosophies in business and life in general run concurrent with mine. This hobby is ALL about guys like you John and no one else period! "That holier than thou" self serving crap is over. There is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for anyone if I can to help them with their car, if business is generated because of it that's great. The MOPAR hobby is slowly transforming, taking it away from those that have molded the rules to satisfy their own agenda. The hobby is passing them by, there are new sheriffs in town with different philosophies kicking the incumbents in the shin and they don't like. To bad, this hobby is the property of all of us, the average "Joe" that makes up 99% of it.

I must be a complete idiot for having a trusting attitude towards people. Someone please tell me how a perfect copy of a piece of paper that already exists is in anyway dishonest or will hurt anything? Please tell me, I can't see it. Wait a minute, I think I got it, some are questioning the integrity and morality of those that MIGHT to it. I see, what a moron I am, I don't think of people that way as being dishonest until they prove otherwise. An honest person generally trust people, a dishonest person would question the intentions of others right out of the box.

DW is still on the other side of the fence on this one, not because of any morality issues but the cost. Figuring 1-1/2 - 2 hours to produce 1 sheet at a labor cost around $25 per hour, not counting the cost to have the sheets printed and the licensing fees, Dave doesn't think the market will bare the expense. The other tough nut is the verification and logistics of acquiring the information off the sheet without a customer having to send their original, I'm not sure I would do that either.

Lastly, remember this hobby is all about you, the average "Joe" and the next time you come across that 1% all mighty tell them to pound salt, your in the majority and now you know it.