Quote:

Biggest Issue I see with a perfect undectable from original repop broadcast sheets, same goes for data tags to btw.
Because, somewhere ,sometime somehow somebody is going to take said perfect reproduction and alter history for monetary gain. BTW, I also feel the same way about repop data tags and they don't carry nearly the significance the sheet does.
IF , you have the sheet at least you can get a resonable facsimile of a tag made,and in most cases with minimul effort it can still be distinguished from an original.

Theres too many things on the sheet that siginify individual characteristics of the car it's coded for. Such as - shocks , steering column style and color, hubcaps or rallyes, build date, VON #'s , the list goes on and on.

Take a lynch road car for example, outside of the basic options. There isn't much on the tag to go on as far as restoration to OE stock, These cars you NEED the sheet.

Believe me, I can truly understand the needs or wants to have a perfect repop sheet. And I truly believe Dave Waldon has no ill intentions, but that doesn't mean the next owner of said sheet has these same intentions.
But like a poster mentioned earlier.
What if, and I know IF is a very big word.
Lets say a vehicle owner has both the original AND a perfect reproduction. 10 years down the road the owner passes away and had already taken the forsight to seperate the 2 sheets. Yet his decendants can only find the repop. Any potential new owner questions the validity of said repop, value WILL be decreased as a result. Thats a fact.
Case in point, the 2 Hemi cuda verts already mentioned have a questionable history that will follow them till 'we all' return to dust.

Bill,

As I often like to do I will play devils advocate here. People are not considering ALL the possibilities regarding reprinted,repo, copies or altered originals. So, in your example above think of this.
If in the same senerio the guy had only the ORIGINAL and put it away where his aires knew not where, it would be the same or worse store. There would then be nothing to prove what they wanted to prove with the sheet. If the guy had a color copy it would be the same story as well. What others have failed to hit upon here is that with color copies it gives you unlimited attempts to modify the info on the sheet. So if this is done and the original goes missing THEN what do you believe???