Originally Posted by CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Truck sure turned out nice Gene!!!! I'm impressed!!!!

Thank you.

I was really surprised, it really turned out way better then I expected. It looks better in the pictures then it does in real life, but real life is still better then I expected.

Just a quick update of information for those that may be following. On my last picture post, in my description of the original dash (pic 3), I stated I had no idea what the rectangle hole on the left side of the steering column on the dash would have been for. I now believe that hole could have been for the semi-automatic transmission push button shifter assembly (Fluid Drive as they were called back then), which would have been an option starting in 1948 on the Dodge pickups. In a previous life, this truck cab may have been a Fluid Drive truck cab (the title for this truck was issued by the State of MO long before me, because the ID tag was long gone). I've seen several (and personally owned 3) of this era Dodge trucks that had dashes without that cutout, so I would assume only the fluid drive optioned trucks would have had that cut out. Trying to keep the info as accurate as I can.