Bed build cont.
Pic 1, The tailgate closed with the top corners added. You can also see that the gap on the front corners has also been filled. When I find a bed cover, it should fit nicely. The tailgate is being held closed with 3/8" bolts at this point.
Pic 2, This is the back side of the tail light panel with the hold cut out for the taillight.
Pic 3, This is what the front side looks like. The top in the pic it the top of the piece. those little flange pieces across the top are the mounting tabs, those are screwed tight to the rear crossmember box under the closed tailgate. The little bent lip on the bottom tucks under the back edge of the rear bumper. The pieces tack welded on the sides are screwed to the bed sides.
Pic 4, When you fail at choosing a tail light, as least make it functional. These beauties' are very bright, LED, stop, turn and back up lights. They were fairly cheap. if they don't grow on me, it won't be a huge loss to loose them, but until I find a better option, they are staying for now.

100_0662.JPG100_0660.JPG100_0661.JPG100_0663 (1).JPG