Gee, seats that are actually attached to the truck would be nice. The tan bench fit and worked, but it did tended to slide around when you got in or out of the truck, or moved around too much.
I was at my buddy's shop helping him out with a little day project and we got talking about seats. I told him I was going too have to make a trip to LKQ and get a pair of seats out of a Dodge mini van for the 49, and he offered me a set he had bought for a project car that he went a different way with. At a get them out of here price, I took them home. One seat was still mounted on the mini van pedestal, but the other's pedestal was long gone.
the last pair of mini van seats I bought from LKQ cost me $40 for the pair on their last holiday 1/2 price sale weekend a few years ago. When I went there with my son a few months before, I couldn't find any that were not messed up. This pair was cheaper then the last pair I bought, and I really didn't think the missing pedestal was going to work anyway.
Pic 1 These are the seats my buddy had. Notice the seats are on the wrong side, the seat on the left side in the pic is the driver seat because the female seat belt buckle is on its right side and that would be incorrect in the van.
Pic 2 This is the original 49 seat pedestal that was in the 49. The tan seat sat on top of this mess, but these buckets didn't, even with their pedestals removed.
Pic 3 This is the passenger side seat sitting on the driver side, with the 49 pedestal still in the truck.
Pic 4, This is the same seat in the same position, with the mini van pedestal removed. It is sitting on the 49's pedestal. Notice the wood block under the front of the seat? That was so the seat would sit close to correct. Also notice the space between the top of the seat cousin and the steering wheel? That means the seat has to be lower. That means the 49 pedestal has to be removed, and I needed to come up with seat tracks and seat mounting brackets.

100_0530.JPG100_0532.JPG100_0533.JPG100_0534.JPG