I didn't take a lot of pictures of the body work process. The fill, sand, fill, sand, process doesn't relate well in pic form, especially the way I do it. I fill too much, wait too long so it gets really hard to sand, then sand too much, then repeat.

To shorten a long story up, my body work has levels.
Level 1) I start out doing body work with the intension of making it as straight as possible. That lasts about a month.
Level 2) Straight may not be so important after all, smooth is better. Yea, lets make it smooth. That lasts about 2 weeks.
Level 3) Smooth my be over rated, sort of smooth is OK. It deteriorates pretty much daily after that.
Level 4) the point where one color sounds good.
Level 5) I don't care, paint the stupid thing.
Level 6) Paint it or I'll buy a new brush and paint it myself.

Pic 1-4) So somewhere near the end of July, I reached level 4. These pictures were the day it was headed for my buddy's shop for paint. I'm too cheap to pay him for something I can do, even if I really don't want to do. The concept was to cover it with high build primer (one color), then I would DA it with 400 and then it would get painted. A week at the most! I could handle that. But...

At his shop, he determined it really needed to be sanded with 220 on the Da (I went to 180). Reluctantly, I did the truck in 220.
After the 220, we discussed primmer. His feeling was that because there was still so much bare metal, and because I wasn't sure what or when the inside of the bed was getting done, it would be better to spray epoxy primmer on the truck. Then we would block the truck with 380. and spray it with the high build. We turned out to be me. The block sanding showed me that IF I do another paint job, I need to invest in better sanding blocks, the one's I have are too flexible. Week one comes to an end, he was going to prime with the high build on Monday, and I could hit it with 400 Tuesday.

The primmer didn't get done Monday, he had an emergency repair on his son's car that had to leave for CO Tuesday morning. It ranked higher then my body work, and I was OK with that. He also determined that we needed to spot fill a few pinholes in my body work, and he wanted to redo some of the quick seam sealer work I did when the roof repairs were done (they looked pretty sloppy now). I informed him I was at level 5, and maybe even level 6. his comment was "Good! Now go home, and come back on Thursday. He was going to redo the seam sealer, fill the pin holes and a couple other things. Gene

100_0795.JPG100_0796.JPG100_0797.JPG100_0799.JPG