A four picture limit is going to be a pain.

The first two pictures are the "new" Dakota 4x4 frame that came with the 49. The white/gray paint was some sort of rust protection the previous owner put on the frame. The frame has obviously been sitting outside for some time, and that paint job was pretty lax. He sort of covered the top of the frame. Nothing had been cleaned, he painted right over top of the dirt daubers and he didn't bother painting anything on the underside of the frame, nor inside of the frame.

Disassembly required. I started taking the 96 apart on the Monday after the July 4th weekend in 2020. The 3rd pic shows the 96 Dakota 4x4 frame with the sheet metal removed. The blue tarp is covering the 318 and the auto trans. This pic was probably taken around the end of July. You can see the 96 cab sitting on my driveway behind the 96's frame. To the right side you can see the 49 cab on its frame with the Dakota box sitting on the frame behind the cab. The 49's box is laying upside down in the grass to the right, and ahead of it is my winter beater (at the time) 95 Dakota extended cab, you can see that Dakota's bed is full of stuff from the 96.

The little orange truck on the left side of the pic is the reason the 49 is here. That is my 39 Dodge pickup, it was suppose to be my shop truck, but it was too small for this fat old man to drive comfortably. That pic was probably taken a couple days before the 39 got sold. The 39 funded this build. If you look closely, you can also see my 48 Plymouth coupe in front of the 96 cab sitting on the driveway.
The 4th pic is another look at the pile of parts that are present when you have 2 trucks taken apart. The 49's front fenders and hood are at the extreme right side of the picture, Just behind the front sheet metal is my son's Ramcharger. The Ramcharger is on a Hemi Durango frame with a 5.7, its currently running and driving. Gene

P1010252.JPGP1010253.JPGP1010243.JPGP1010244.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 03/13/22 08:34 PM. Reason: correction of wording