Thanks guys.

How much did you really cut out of the floor and firewall? I'm so glad you asked.
Pic 1, This is what the floor looked like. Under the big U shaped piece that was the radiator support that was thrown into the truck cab, and the square tube laying on top of the floor from side to side, and the running board brackets laying near the drivers door, the floor was pretty flat. The bottom of the firewall kicked up at a 45 degree angle, and there is a 1" raised section of the floor at the seat riser that reaches to the back of the cab.
Pic 2, I cut this much out first. You can't see the 6" back and 12" wide area that was also cut out of the floor behind the seat riser.
Pic 3, The reason for the floor cut out. At this point, the cab is still a good 4" above the frame!
Pic 4, To sit down lower, the front 6" of the Dakota fuel tank protruded into the cab. I had to cut a notch out of the back of the cab the width of the frame to drop the cab another inch, then cut this section out of the back of the cab to clear the gas tank. Each time I had to cut more out of the floor, I had to lift the cab, and pull it away from the frame.

Probably about this point you are wondering why I want the cab so low. Well its not really too low. Should I just mount the cab at the current height, that would make the top of the roof over 7' high, and the top of the fenders around 5' high. I'm getting old, the thought of climbing up into the truck is not so appealing anymore. I'm looking to have the truck about Dakota 4x4 height, maybe slightly lower.
I can't post any more pictures, so on to the next segment. Gene

P1010251.JPGP1010255.JPGP1010264.JPGP1010262.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 03/13/22 08:41 PM. Reason: correction of wording