And 3 pics just for Andy, and one just because.
Pic 1) The Dakota OEM defroster duct holes cut out in the top of my dash.
Pic 2 This was all I had for a dash in my original 49 dash. The large hole on the right side was the glove box (I had no door) The second hole would have been a radio speaker hole. The early Dodge trucks were built for either right or left hand drive. If this truck would have been a right hand drive, the 4 plex of gauges would have been mounted in this hole .and the radio speaker would have been on the other side. The hole in the center was hacked it to hold a radio, it may have been an original radio hole, or may not have been there at all originally. The holes in the lower panel were for the ignition switch at the outer edge (right hand drive the ignition switch would have been in the right side hole, the left hand drive ignition switch was in the left hole. The cigar lighter would have filled whichever ignition switch hole was not used for the ignition. The two center holes were either the headlight switch or the choke pull cable, the choke being closest to the driver. Heater controls would have been in a separate panel that filled the lower dash cut out. I have no idea what might have ben in the hole on the far left of the dash. The two studs under the dash between the gauge hole and the unknown use hole on the left side of the dash is where the steering column mounted.
Pic 3 is the seat riser on my flat floor pan. That is a 3" wide piece of channel iron. a bit of over kill, but I had it here at the time. The seat track adjusters are from www.speedway.com. They com as a set per bucket, so I used 2 sets for both bucket seats. The seats in this truck came out of a 2000 something Dodge minivan, they are the 2nd row seats and were the sto-n-go seats. They may be the original brackets for the seats. I'm considering raising these seats another inch and a half or two inches.
Pic 4 Since I was out taking pictures.... Gene

100_0849.JPGP1010264.JPG100_0850.JPG100_0838.JPG