The front sheet metal... Where do I start?
I guess the place to start is how the front sheet metal was originally bolted together, and then how it was attached to the frame and the cab. Then, maybe the modifications, and the radiator issues might be more clear.
Pic 1, Lets just start off with THE RAMCHARGER IS NOT MINE AND IS NOT AVAILABLE! What lays in front of the Ramcharger is the original front sheet metal off the 49, the original hood and center support is laying on top of the frame clip. The front panel bolts to each fender across the top and down along the sides. At either side of the center are the vertical and lower sheet metal filler panels that the radiator bolted to. Those filler panels bolt to the front panel and also bolt to the radiator support that was bolted to the frame (the radiator support that bolts to the frame piece is not pictured there). On each side there is a brace that attaches to the radiator support and extend out to the bolts that attach the fender to the front panel. Lots of bolting going on, are you confused yet?
Pic 2, This is what the last mentioned piece looks like. There is a left and a right side version. The part I'm holding up is the passenger side bracket (right side). The 3 holes on the right side bolt to the fender and the front panel. The two bolt holes on the lower left attach to the radiator support bracket that bolts to the frame. The wing I'm holding has been cut off, it would have extended to the top edge of the radiator support piece.
Pic 3, This is what the inside of the fender where it bolts to the front panel looks like. This is the driver side fender. Those bottom 3 bolt holes would be where the 3 bolt holes on # 2 brackets bolted to. All 7 holes had 5/16" bolts in them, the bolts screwed into nut inserts in the front panel.
Pic 4, The U shaped piece laying on the floor is the radiator support that bolted to the frame and to the front panel through the filler panels. The U part would be the bottom and was bolted to the frame. The channel pieces that would have been standing straight up has sets of bolts on each side of the flanges. The 3 holes on the front bolted to the sheet metal, and the 3 holes at the rear side was what the radiator bolted to. The curve on those upright channels faced the front. If that piece was sitting vertical in its current position, that would have been how it was mounted in the truck. That was a heavy duty piece of steel that was bolted solid to the frame. Gene

P1010246.JPG100_0367.JPG100_0358.JPGP1010251.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 03/13/22 09:19 PM. Reason: correction of wording