Just a couple pictures of the upper radiator mounting. These pictures are much later in the build, but make things pretty clear I think.
Pic 1, Remember way back when I told you how the front of the hood bolted to a piece that bolted to the top of the front panel and the part I had was wrong? Here is a pic of the part I made to accomplish the task, without the hood in place. This piece appears to be just sheet metal, but there are several pieces of 1/8" x 1" bar stock under it for reinforcing. The 4 bolts at the front connect it to the front panel. Those 4 bolts are all there is to keep everything together. Originally, this piece would have been stamped sheet metal, but it would not have been used to support the radiator like it does now. The original radiator was bolted to the radiator support that was bolted to the frame. The two formed channels are the brackets the front hood support bolt to. There is an 1/8" x 1" bar stock with a piece of rubber glued to the bottom that sits on top of the plastic radiator tank on each side that holds the radiator in place.
Pic 2 Shows the same area with the hood bolted in place. I should point out the original gap between the hood center and both sides have had a piece of metal welded over to fill the gap. This quick fill job will be addressed later.
Pic 3, This pic shows the back side of the radiator hold down on the driver side.
Pic 4, This is what the original gap between the hood pieces and the front panel looked like, as you can see, I had just started filling the gap in this pic. I did buy an original chrome piece to fill that gap. The chrome piece I bought didn't fit well at all, the distance between the hood center and the corner of the hood on both sides was off nearly a 1/2" and the way it had to be mounted would have been a major undertaking to make work. Had the part fit will, I probably would have made the bracket to bolt it on, but since the part fit so poorly, I made the decision to fill the opening by welding on sheet metal. Gene

100_0733.JPG100_0728.JPG100_0730.JPG100_0665.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 03/13/22 10:07 PM. Reason: correction of wording