One time we had an erratic misfire due to something either on the flywheel or converter. It was causing a signal or should we say a mis-signal on the crank sensor. The noise in the bell area could be a clue. The flexplate/flywheel has 8 holes that the crank sensor reads. Just possible that there is a problem there. You could remove the starter and lower shields and rotate the engine 360 degrees and look for something foreign or loose. As I recall we had a extra piece of wire off the converter weld causing a issue on one of the read holes. It is a shot in the dark but something that will only cost you some time and no money. Only other easy items would be to remove the cap and inspect it and the rotor. Remove the plugs and check the gap and look close at the porcelain insulators outside and inside for irregularities. Run it at night in the dark and look for any signs of secondary ignition spark jumping. I suspect you can have multiple issues but the miss concerns me as it just should not be there. I would have a hard time trying to diagnose a transmission problem with running irregularities. As also mentioned the brake light switch. Make sure it is adjusted and working correctly. A bad or mis-adjusted switch could cause lock up issues however I do not think it can be rapid enough to mis-interpet it as a miss.