Thank you, Nitrous. Unfortunately I didn't have the time or the ability to pull a fuel sample. This makes perfect sense that it would be electrical, and is only coincidental that it is happening around the time of my trans rebuild. The truck is a 1994 1500 with the 5.9 and is OBD 1. I do not have a code reader, so was unable to check codes. I did check the connection to the ECM, and checked my fuses. I even swapped my fuel pump relay with a known good relay.

This morning it cranked normally, gave me no issues on the way to school, and drove really well. When passing by an overpass I thought I heard a loud whining, but figured this could just be the gearsets that I changed in the OD unit. Transman warned me there could be more noise. To be fair I was in OD pushing 2000 rpms, so my rate of speed was up.

When trying to leave the school this afternoon the truck was doing the exact same thing as yesterday. Lurching, not wanting to go over 5mph, running really rough, sounding like it almost wanted to backfire. I limped to a parking lot, and had the truck towed to the mechanic who did the trans swap. I suspect a fuel pump going bad, and only acting up in the heat, now. It was pretty hot yesterday afternoon and today. This morning was nice and cool so may have been able to operate normally.

I did put the truck in park and revved the engine. It revved up to 2500 rpms normally, with no stuttering. I don't know if this is a sign of anything, or the truck simply being able to make rpms because in a zero load situation.

Last edited by 46rhRebuild; 10/08/20 09:20 PM.