The check engine light was not on, which I thought was odd.

I wish I had had time to get an OBD 1 reader hooked up. The local auto parts stores don't have one (I've asked before), and I hadn't had issues that I couldn't diagnose myself with this truck, in years.

I got up to go to school, after having given up the night before, swapped the relay and depressed the schrader valve on the fuel rail after letting the fuel pump engage. I got a good squirt of fuel, and turned the truck over for grins. Fired right up perfectly. A good lhard test drive showed no signs of further issues. I chocked it up to a bad fuel pump relay and drove to school. Trans and engine worked perfectly.

Got out of school about 8 hours later, truck baking in the Florida sun. Ran like absolute garbage. I barely got 300 yards down the road. Check engine light still wasn't on.

I am not experienced enough with transmissions to know if this is an internal issue in the transmission. My common sense says no, because other than the sticky governor, it's worked perfectly. I suspect that they could have damaged that sensor during the install, or that the fuel pump is just going out.

I appreciate your help, Nitrous. I will post everything that they tell me.