Thank you very much for your help, sir. I had posted this before I spoke to you earlier. To clarify, all internal weights for Diesel governors are brass? Do the diesel governors also sometimes employ external counterweights? Cobra Transmission has the only picture of an external-counterweight governor that I could find, and it was listed as a diesel unit. That led me to erroneously conclude that I was dealing with a diesel governor.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge. Though this truck is my work vehicle and daily driver, the 1994 Dodge single cabs were always my dream trucks, and I am attempting to return this truck to it's former glory, largely by myself. So, if you are amenable, I will continue to post questions as I think of them. I do have one additional one now.

When I first tore down this transmission, the thrust bearing on top of the rear overdrive planetary gear was melted directly to it, also the intermediate shaft has deformed against the pocket in the shaft in the forward clutch. Both of those shafts were ruined, the intermediate shaft was peened over so badly that I had to dremel it round to get the aluminum gear set to slip off of it. It looked as if someone had neglected to install the three tab washer and the hardened race that fits onto the end of the intermediate shaft. My question is this: What typically causes damage like this?

Last edited by 46rhRebuild; 05/07/20 01:53 AM.