The miss from launch will appear within the first two seconds, and happens most often when the temp is under 40 degrees. I don't know if that information helps at all, sir.

As for the stall test, my local mechanic put the truck into gear, applied the brakes and did his best to make the truck stall. Nothing. No missing, nothing but clean firing. I'm not certain if this qualifies, but this is the only test of this type that has been performed on this truck. He was testing to see if my fuel pump was possibly causing this, or a fouled injector. He's 73 and has been at this his whole life, so I don't question his methods. He's the one who was finally able to get the truck to throw a code. He went out driving it for an hour to get it to duplicate the miss that I've been seeing.

Unfortunately this mechanic is the only one in my town that I haven't had bad experiences with on this build. I can try calling in the towns near here to see if someone can do a recording, but I'm not confident about finding anyone around here, and will have to treat this option as a last ditch one.

It's really odd with my OD engagement. I can be driving along on a 75 degree day, and the OD won't engage. I can drive for 45 mins and have it engage once, and then the minute I slow down it drops out of OD, and won't reengage again. I kept chalking it up to the break in period, and maybe the thermistor not reading a high enough temp. But I'm starting to believe that my TC is not locking up. Could this be a faulty Solenoid? The valve body was professionally rebuilt by Central Valve Bodies. I took the valve body apart and cleaned it and let it dry really well, after the water intrusion, making sure to put all of the check balls back in their correct locations.

Also, fuel mileage has dropped significantly. I'm burning half again as much fuel, recently. I have been told that this can be caused by either my torque converter, or by something in my fuel system. My mechanic insisted that I replace my pcv valve and my plugs and wires myself before he would go any further. He has been consistently trying to save me money through this nightmare.

Last edited by 46rhRebuild; 12/08/20 08:26 AM.