By lockup converter do you mean the locking torque converter, Transman? This one is a Precision of New Hampton, I hope it's not malfunctioning. I spent the extra money for it because of their reputation.

I know that my distributor is really close to the firewall. I've always dreaded having to do that repair because of how tight it is back there. This is a 1994 and that firewall is really close to the back of the engine. It's possible that it got bumped when they were installing the new trans. Brand new distributor though, and it's running better, just not 100 percent. The sync adjustment is getting done on monday. The distributor getting harmed during install makes alot of sense, actually.

This issue started when I was rolling from a stop and going into first, a week or so after the trans was swapped. This is all new to the truck, I've never had timing or firing issues before. I don't know if all of this points the finger to anything specific. The trans fluid is totally bright red and clean. I'd been stressing that maybe I'd accidentally gotten the thrust washers in the OD unit in upside down and it was messing up. If I'd gotten them flipped would they have burned up already? I've done a few hours of OD driving already on this build, in the Florida heat.

Last edited by 46rhRebuild; 10/23/20 08:31 PM.