Thank you very much for that advice, gentleman. I have a new torque converter from Precision of New Hampton that will be installed, model 5443HS . It was recommended as being a high quality oem replacement. Any thoughts on their converters?I will procure a new trans cooler, just in case. Is the Hayden Transaver 1402 adequate for this transmission?

I sincerely appreciate the help, and apologize for my delay in replying. My older brother just came back from his last deployment to Afghanistan, two days ago, and I've been helping him move. The old truck is limping along and still managing to haul truckloads, even with the leaking front seal. I hope to have the transmission fully rebuilt and at the shop for the local mechanic to swap out, later this upcoming week. In the meantime I just keep adding fluid.

The overdrive clutch pack is assembled, and aligned. I will be rebuilding the governor on Monday. The ATSG manual says to inspect the governor sealing rings for wear or damage. It has the teflon rings installed, and there are no nicks. Does anyone happen to have the measurement of good tolerances for those rings?