I think this won't go away. Not even if he refunds everyone as well it shouldn't
What other scam has he done that has not come to light like this?
I'm not into the 66-7 Charger but I bet in the last eight years I've met or know who posesses a medalion to copy.

10-12 years ago I sent a guy some money on a repro dashpad & rear side panels for the interior for my Challenger that I restored
I sent him one good panel for a mold & when he couldn't complete the deal he contacted me & gave me all my cash back plus $200 for my time & trouble as well as my good panel back
That is good business

John being a sponsor here as well a member should have already addressed this problem if he were actually on the up & up
We know some members here will defend another who done this same type of thing to the tune of $50 per person just like they are defending US Car tool's actions ( that person had claims going back to the 90's)

The OP came here for support & was basically called a liar
My feeling is he came for help & to alert us of the situation & the actions regarding such
It is also my feeling that if the OP was lying there would be post disputing such from the one being accused & a bunch of his followers would jump in on the whooping.