Quote:

Quote:

1. The OP has been a total jerk and poisoned the relationship fatally That's no excuse to keep his moneyI agree, but being a jerk dosen't speed things up or get the phone answered

2. John has every intention of meeting his commitments and is close to doing so, and has no new info to share which if he did would likely only open him to more harassmentIt's been too long by any reasonable standard - a full refund is due immediately regardless of how 'close' he thinks he might be. However the OP should bear the same cross, I mean he waited years to start this process, and I have already replies ago clearly stated his money should be returned

3. He has personal/medical/etc issues in the works Not the OP's problem, or anyone else's problem. Refund the money and *then* concentrate on your problems. This, by the way, is a much-abused excuse and is usually executed by scammers trying to drag out the process. Well it may not be HIS problem, but when you deal with people, their problems effect them and indirectly those around them, like it or not, and yes scammers use it, because it an easy way to falsely gain sympathy, and I'll reserve judgement on that, for time being

4. He doesn't have the funds to refund, and pride in admitting so is an obstacle Tough. Take out a loan and pay back what you owe. Sell some things. Tough? Ouch, taking out loans for people in financial straights is a non sequitor, and sell some things? Maybe like DS safety loops?

5. He's a full blown crook that has figured out how to buy an off shore island on $50 mopar scamsThere's a lot more than $50 in play here. It doesn't take a full-blown crook to rip someone off. As a matter of fact, someone with a good reputation is far more able to do so (for a while, anyway) So his "good reputation" was an illusion after all these years to pull off this stunning scam?

6. Or some combination of the above.

This kind of 'activity' from a business turns my stomach.

Ah heck, everything is cut and dry, black and white, getting all the facts just makes it harder to figure out, make him walk the plank. Besides, whats a few more years at this point.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.