I don't have a horse in this race so I don't know who is in the right and who isn't, as we only have half the story. On the one hand the poster said he asked for his money back, on the other it appears US Car Tool may have offered people their money back in an email that was posted...from 2009? So who knows. But I can comment on the BBB as I deal with them on a daily basis. First, the BBB does not decide who is right or who is wrong. They simply want to verify that both parties are working to resolve an issue. When a complaint comes in they will notify the business and ask that they respond in a certain timeframe, usually 10 days. Most responsible businesses will respond in that timeframe with a review or resolution to the issue. My company responds directly to the complainant to avoid reliving the issue public ally, however some businesses choose to post directly to th BBB website. However I think that is a bit unprofessional, however the BBB doesn't care which path you take as long as you are trying to fairly work with the complainant. Some complaints results in the persons favor and some times it doesnt. What I can tell you is that we have a AAA rating and going to the BBB or other agency does not sway our position. So in response to the original issue it is concerning that the BBB failed to receive a response from the company. Therefore they gave an F rating. At the very least the BBB expected a response even if it was not favorable.

Last edited by moparmojo; 11/01/13 10:04 PM.