Quote:

I was actually looking at the magnafuel stuff. Seems like they make pumps that handle what I need.

I thought I read or heard at sometime in my life that quench doesn't really bother a turbo build. If this is true could I just get shorter rods to drop the comp ratio? The reason I am asking is I have a nice set of pistons that utilize a 927 pin. If I could just buy rods instead of pistons as well would shave 1k off this build that I could put in a different area. Just brain storming here. If not it's fine just a thought.

One thing you need to do is look at the fuel output at the intended boost. You FP regulator will need to raise the fuel pressure at a 1:1 ratio to keep the pressure differential the same across the injector. For example, lets say base fuel pressure is 45 psi, at 20 psi boost fuel pressure would be 65 psi so the flow rate is consistant. This is where it gets challenging for the pumps. A lot of manufactures advertise impressive flow rates at base pressure but they all fall off under higher pressure where you need it the most. Since most of them offer a flow graph, I would select a pump based on projected power, and 30 psi boost + 45 psi(Base pressure) or 75 psi. This should be enough to cover your needs and future upgrades. You will find that there are not many pumps that can support that flow. As stated above, voltage supply will be important.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.