Never having had the reputation as the bashfull sort, and actually kind of proud of myself for calling a spade a spade, i will quickly relate an issue i had with SDSS.
Few years back i had a set of w5 heads ported by sdss.
I had them sent to Best Machine and a whole engine put together( which i might add i never had any issues with, beat on it for years, and the current owner after a Best freshen up/upgrade continues to do..to this day.
I got a call from Chuck at Best and drove down to Detroit to see for myself his concern with the heads. 3 or 4 of the spring pockets were so thin that Chuck easily took a pencil and pushed holes all the way through them....not good when planning to run a roller with some associated spring pressure.
Chuck repaired them, and thought we should pressure test them...they were sprinklers, again, were fixed and made to be usuable.
I was quite surprised they were sent out of SDSS in that way, had someone not looked them over good...well i shudder to think..
Just a couple of issues that come to mind from my own personal first hand experience.
To SdSS credit, that was i believe the first set the shop had done, but still sending that junk out was unpardonable.
Having had several excellent experiences with Best Machine, and earlier along, Hensley, i would have no problems recommending either shop, particularly Best Machine.

Owning a business myself, i am well used to never hearing when you we do things great( occasional pleasant surprise though), pretty much always hearing when you dont.
This above fact leads me to believe most here that think not airing expensive/costly screwup issues in public isnt right, probably dont have a business where the buck stops with them.
You choose to enter the shark tank, you can get bit, its just flat how things work.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8