Finally read where Ryan chimed in. Thanks for the reply. Your memory is somewhat accurate, but you have some of the details applied incorrectly. Let me clear it up since I don't build 30 engines per year and can remember.

Lifters were used Crane Ultra Pro, came out of a 410 non winged sprint car of a friend...here in Texas, not a classified find with unknown history. I watched the 50 laps that were put on them, then they were changed out by Wells racing engines for Jesels so I got a deal on a nearly new set.

The valves were part of the "great deal" you got me on the W8 heads. I sold the w9 heads that I originally sent you because you said the W8's would make more power. We replaced the intake valves because the margin was non existant, but got the same length since we didn't want to replace the exhaust valves also. Somehow, we were able to do some homework and select a PSI spring (it was also available 4 years ago) that installed at 2.00" (we actually got it in at slightly less). Much smaller diameter and mass. It also has more open pressure than the Comp Triple has at .240 from spring bind, only it is set up correctly.

Was there anything else that I supplied that caused this? I supplied a used Milodon gear drive also. Can you tell me why there was so much lash in the gear set that the cam could be turned 1.5 to 2 degrees without moving the crank? Maybe it's my fault that I didn't supply the instructon sheet for how to lash the gears?

I can also prove that you had knowledge of my first posts about the tear down....remember who you emailed? What makes you think I don't have a copy?

Again, I need a running engine....now! And going thru someone that you have no trust in and is so far away simply isn't the quick way to get it going again. Plus finding damage was progressive, I took the heads off and shipped them out....then found out the cam lobe was not savable......then seen the deep scratches in the bores......then found the jacked up gear drive install......then the damaged rotating parts. At this point I just need to get it going again.

I think everyone who is happy with Ryan's work should keep using him. Maybe he has learned a few things since building mine. I will take my chances building my own from here on out.