Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've had one deal w/ a "professional" engine builder go badly which cost me a lot of extra $$$ to get taken care of, so I do understand something of the situation. Like I tell my wife when sh!t happens, you make the best decision you can with the information you have at the time.

Agreed AND, you go handle it face to face and get it done one way or another...........I don`t get taken anymore and do whatever legal or otherwise to hopefully resolve it.

I suppose I should add that particular experience was my incentive for buying a bunch of new tools necessary for doing the complete assembly of my engines by myself. I still have to farm out the machine work, but I put it all back together so the only person I should have to stare down if it goes bad (again) is the person who looks back at me in the mirror.

Me too, bought all the tools needed way back in the late 80s. I had helped build a couple truck engines at my job, so I had some experience.

When I built my first V-8 race engine the machinist came to my shop one night and spent like 8 hours with me until like 4 in the morning. He showed me everything he knew I felt. Incrediably valuable. For the locals I'm talking about Warren from Compeition Milling, Remember him? RIP
Before building V-8 race engines I built 4 cly motorcyle engines, 2 for myself and 3 for fellow racers. GSXR 1100 motors.

If your gonna race I feel you need to build your own engines and take control of your own racing efforts.