Quote:

Damn you Bob!! It wasn't directed at you, you old fart. Did you see me quote you? Plus, you should be out in the shop cracking the whip, not on Moparts

I was really talking about those trying to blame Billy for Indys crappy push rods. We all know they're crappy, Billy just missed the memo. I don't blame him for being mad.

I just had to respond to all those "big words"I have no problem with anyone complaining or sharing their problems,generally it helps keep everyone informed.We found problems with all sorts of pushrods.Cups breaking,tubes splitting and flexing.We have learned that building pushrod is an exacting art.We cut them close to desired length then finish them on the lathe to exact measurment.We check the cup pin for fit and ream the inside of the tube if necessary. We slightly champher the end of the tube inside diameter.We have a aluminum pushrod press with radiused end holders and tube holders for various lengths and diameters as well as a aluminum top plate for cup pushrods and radius top plate for ball&ball pudrods.The trick is to get a nice press fit and seat the ends squarely in the tube.We then inspect for straightness and fit.