One thing I don't understand is why an Indy distributor would bother to respond on this thread.

Not trying to be an A-hole (I don't have to try ), but if I've already bought my Indy stuff elsewhere, and then run into problems, why should Dram, Fast68, BG, or any of the other reputable guys here go to bat for me?

I bought three orders of parts from a lower-priced manufacturer who sponsors this board, without going thru a dealer. I had issues on all three orders. I figured it was between me and that company to get it all worked out.

Luckily, they took care of the problem all three times - but it wouldn't have been the responsibility of anyone who sells their products to help make it right.

As far as BILLYJAY's pushrod problem, yeah, I feel ya'. You don't want to know how many problems I've had with 'drop-in- type parts on my build... and it's just a Stealth-headed stock block street engine. Not to speak of all the 'going backwards' I did, learning that parts I'd bought wouldn't work with other parts I'd bought.

I agree, I'd expect that a guy selling a top end kit would match pushrods to the springs installed on the heads. If I changed springs, then I'd expect that the durability of the pushrods would be in question. If not, then I'd feel I had a complaint if they weren't up to it.

My comment to Indy is: remember, we can buy Brodix.

Maybe that'd be a good thing if more of us did. I bet if the mopar enthusiasts all quit bending over for them, at some point, Indy's ownership would become much more responsive to customer satisfaction.

Just my .02

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?