I am always amazed by hot rodders who want products at the cheapest possible price, make the most HP, and are durable/ hassle free! Like the ole joke goes...Pick 2!!

When I first bought my Edelbrock RPM's, I took them to my machinist, and had them gone over, first thing he told me was the supplied springs tested really week. So, I ended up upgrading the springs and retainers before they were even bolted on.

I bought my 440-1's from a friend who had the kit on a shelf for a few years, when I picked it up he said, "Sorry, I can't find the pushrod kit yet". I said, "Quit looking, I wasn't going to use them". Likewise with the rockers, after watching my brother break nearly 2 sets 1 rocker at a time over a 3 year period, I knew mine would be sold as spares immediately.
Would Indy's kit be better if it came pre-packaged with T&D rockers and Smith Brothers pushrods?? Of course!!! Could they compete in the free market place against B-1's and Edelbrock, if they had a 5000$ entry level price point?? uh, probably not!!

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I am saying with a little more research, you would've found that your expectations for the "as supplied" pushrods, and Indy's customer service, were unrealisticly high.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines