Quote:

for a lot of people, .080 wall pushrods would be just fine.

dram you build engines all the time i see you post about them when a new build is done, my question is do you install .080 wall pushrods in any thing you build? i won't use anything less than .120 even on a stock engine. and this is not to blast you im just wondering your opinion.

oh and by the way i will blast indy every chance i get after my hemi cylinder head fiasco with kenny and russ.i will not stop untill i at least get an apology on the roughly $8000.00 loss i took. those two are the most incapeable s.o.b's on the planet ! they screw up all the time and refuse to be accountable. someone like yourself that uses there product and sells alot of it should speak up about it to others and to them. maybe they will start to listen and get there minds straight.

Jim,
i use plenty of .083 wall pushrods, especially in flat tappet combo's. i can't think of any roller combo where i'd use something that light though. just for the record, i seldom if ever post about combo's i'm working on or have finished any more. i don't think anybody really cares what we're building, or for whom we're building it.
i'm not going to hop aboard the Indy bashing train. over the years i've made suggestions not only to them, but to other manufacturers as well. beyond that, there's little i can do to effect any change in the way they run their businesses. Vic Edelbrock isn't going to start using better hardware on their heads simply because i don't like the cheap stamped 7 degree locks and retainers, nor will Brandon at 440source, simply because i, or anybody else doesn't like it. i'm sure a lot of their decisions are based on cost to manufactuer. to be competitive in any market isn't easy, especially now. adding expense to a product isn't what the majority of consumers wants. look, Edelbrock makes a pretty darn good product overall, but even as good as they are, plenty of people will go buy the cheaper knock-offs instead, even though those have their own set of problems and people know about them. you see where this is going, right?
unfortunately, we have here a do it yourselfer that possibly didn't have the foresight or experience to know that the "cut to fit" .080 wall pushrod kit supplied to him would not handle the pressure load he was about to place upon them. i don't see where blaming Indy for making the pushrod kits is the answer. like i said before, the builder has to assume some risk and responsibility for the parts he uses in any build, especially if he's buying direct from the manufacturer.
when i order custom pistons, or a custom camshaft etc. etc., i can't just tell them to send me "whatever will work". it doesn't work that way. we tell the manufacturer what we want and they supply it. when we get it, we inspect it to make sure it meets our needs. if it doesn't, we either send it back or modify it so it will.
BILLYJAY seems like a nice enough guy and i hate to see anybody have the type of problems he's having, but that's part of the risk you take when you want to buy direct and do it yourself. i don't think for a second that he tried to "cheap out". i just think he simply didn't know any better. if he did, he would have told Indy to keep their pushrod kit and ordered some from another vendor. in any case, i hope the damage isn't too severe and all ends well for him.