Quote:

It's not necessary. You deal with the engine builder/dealer, and they are good and bad. Bob George is an Indy dealer and his integrity is absolutely beyond reproach. But, you call Flagle or Lazzari and all you will get is P.O.'d.

The fact is that their stuff is good...and guys run real fast with it. My advice is to find a good engine builder that has good relationships with them and let them handle it.

Steve, you are absolutely right. I am not an Indy distributor, but I am a builder and have built countless engines with Indy's product line, and I've never had a major problem with their stuff. Sure, you get a minor problem here or there, and anytime I've called Indy they've been nothing but professional and courteous to me. Maybe I'm the lucky one out of the bunch here, I don't know, but a very important fact remains. Nothing mass produced through the aftermarket is a direct bolt on. Anyone who thinks that it is or thousands of dollars makes it so watches too much Spike TV and reads too many Hot Rod magazines. When a part gives a person trouble, the builder or the manufacturer is always the first to get the blame or get bashed. And while there are certain cases where it is indeed justified, typically it is the owner/installer that is more defective than the part. And it's the person that doesn't want to admit they made a mistake or doesn't know what they thought they did, so instead they bash everyone else but themselves. I find it really odd that I've gone on other forums and talked to many customers and colleagues in my business and I don't see nearly the amount of bashing as I see here. I can't help but wonder why that is...

Maund Motorworks--supplier of high performance Mopar engines--specializing in B, RB, and Hemi. www.maundmotorworks.com