Originally Posted By 69_SIX_PACK
Man you aren't having much luck! Did a cam bearing spin stopping oil to the heads? I had that happen once. Then I ended up rebuilding the engine.

You are getting anywhere with your one foot forward and two steps back. Hopefully everything works out.

Dave

I'm not sure yet. I am going to start tearing it down this weekend. I'm not sure if it spun a bearing, or something got in while I was putting the heads on it and clogged the filter, oil passage, etc. The stock gauge was pegged over 80 psi and normally it would come down when it warmed up.
It's disappointing, but I have to keep looking at the vision in my head of the "done" car... lol. I'll take the month of June to get it apart, clean it and do rings/bearings/gaskets and get it back in. I have a friend that has another crank, so I may get it cleaned up and buy new bearings and cam bearings and have them ready to go in. I priced most things out and I can probably get it cleaned up and back together for under $700.
I kinda figured I would have some issues, but everything that breaks I have upgraded. Pretty soon the thing should be bulletproof!

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449