Hello.. A friend told me about the 5.7 Hemi posts on here. Thought I'd jump in.
I have a 1969 Dart GT (original /6 car, currently has a 360) that I will be putting a 5.7 Hemi (EFI) into. I got an engine from salvage (2004 RAM truck). It has about 1000 miles on the engine.
Tuesday (Oct 4) the engine mounts and headers arrived from MoparMecca (TTI distributor).
In the next week or two I will start pulling the 360 out. The engine compartment will be painted Silver before the Hemi goes in. The car will become a resto-mod Dart GTS, silver w/red interior, red Bumble Stripe. It will also have a custom dash from RockyMountainDash.
I'm still waiting on engine parts from Direct Connection (Mopar Performance).
They have a kit (part# 5153339) which is supposed to have all of the performance goodies they put on the 5.7 Hemi crate engine (the 4bbl-style throttle-body, intake manifold, computer, wiring harness, etc..). The kit is not available yet. Only a part# exists. It is almost $4800.
I still need info on what/how concerning a fuel tank/fuel system.
Once my engine is dressed out it will look like sort-of like a carb engine (it will be EFI though). THe engine has been painted Hemi Orange. I had the valve covers powder-coated with wrinkle-black. I want to use an original-style 426 Hemi Chrome Air Cleaner on it; which I think I can do with the 4bbl-style throttle-body.

Anybody have any updated 5.7 Hemi news?

Thanks,
57HemiDart
(Bob)