I've been talking with Michael Mosley, we're going to make a plate to block off the filter. The TTI piece doesn't have provisions for the oring seals that are on the adapter (the block is smooth) so sealing it with Silicone or a normal gasket will be temporary at best and lose the motor at worst. I'm sending the oring specs to Michael this weekend so he can spec oring grooves on the block-off plate. There are two plugs on the side of the motor to pull the remote filter from. The reason for the plate is the TTI mounts (required for their headers) is the adapter and the filter mount occupy the same spot.

As far as the 5 speed it will not fit without major surgery to the tranny tunnel (those things are HUGE), they are even bigger than an A500 or 518. A 904 or 727 will bolt on but you need to take the ring gear off the Hemi flexplate and use the one on the tc. Keisler has a 5 speed kit for this motor for the manual tranny option, a std 4 speed will also work but you probably need to use the new Hemi flywheel, not sure. With the TTI headers a small starter is used. http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header%20-%205.7%20Hemi/5.7Hemi.htm
has all the TTI info that is out there. With the stock kframe you need a Charlie's mid-sump pan available at www.hotrodlane.cc , that is a good site to see what's involved with a junkyard Hemi. The crate Hemi has a plug and play harness with computors and everything else needed. If you go the crate route then you need to decide on carb or MPI. I went the MPI route but that means switching the fuel system from carb to EFI (sumped baffled tank or fuel cell and high pressure lines/pump/filter).

Tommorrow or Sunday I'll be test fitting the headers, mounts, and kframe. I also need to swing by the dealer and talk with Chris the tranny guy to see what my 727 needs for the rebuild.

The project in itself is coming along real nice, what I'm trying to do is get it all scienced out so the vert downtime is minimized (yea right).

I don't have body dimensions but to help hotrodlane does have engine measurements.

-Daty