Speaking of Cliff Claven, here's my modified sender:

It's not pretty, but it's in there. I gutted an early steel PCV valve for it's tidy 90* bend and 3/8" connection, drilled a hole in my new SS 3/8" sender, sandwiched in a piece of fuel hose liner from an EFI-rated hose to act as a gasket, and screwed it down tight with a castle nut from a tie rod end that had the same threads as the PCV valve. Should work OK, but I won't know for another month or so... still in the re-assembly phase.

FWIW, my fuel system is semi-returnless... my AFPR is in the engine compartment next to the original A/C heater control valve on the pass inner fender, and the return line is the OEM 5/16" steel fuel line. The supply line is all 3/8" aluminum line, with a filter before the lift pump that feeds the pressure pump. I'm running a surge tank instead of a baffled tank. The surge tank is actually a VW piece, with fittings that I feel are too small on the return side, so I'll be making my own tank with -6AN weld fittings after I get back running. Fingers crossed again...

Clair

Last edited by Clair_Davis; 10/26/05 09:39 AM.