Rod is replaced, storms gave me a break and so I drove about 30 miles yesterday with with some tuning changes and have an update.

As it turns out, I have the same lean condition everyone else has. It appeared intermittently only in first gear and is more predominant with an incline and under a load. My rear drums don't help since they take a second to release.

Secondly, I am lean in cruise mode running between 13.1-14. Lastly, I have determined that I like the metering springs to move SLIGHTLY above cruise so I have nailed down the mid-top settings. Here is my carb changes:

1) Moved the accelerator rod to the top hole. This gives the carb more fuel off-idle and NEARLY solved the lean condition out of first.
2) For now, the Primaries as still Stock 1432 (.110)
3) During power situations (before WOT) I was still running lean (16+) so I changed the secondaries two steps larger - 1433 (.113)
4) To keep the primaries the same and provide even more fuel to the secondaries I moved to Rods - 1458 (75/37) Stock Primary, Richer Secondary
5) With the stock springs I REALLY had to stomp on it to get the A/F to drop down into the 12.5-13 POWER mixture so I change the springs to the Pink 7-in HG

The results are as follows:

Idle: is still in the low 13's. I simply cannot adjust it any leaner without sacrificing too much Vacuum. I am OK with this number.
Off-Idle: May still give me an intermittent lean surge but I will test further and test various pump nozzles. You can see it on the A/F gauge. As you ease out the clutch and give it some gas, the A/F will drop a point as the pump is starting to load and then the A/F will shoot up to about 16 (lean) and then the engine will stumble. More throttle enriches the mixture and all is good. This takes about a second.
Cruise: is a TAD rich. I average about 13.8 depending on load and Vacuum. I am considering moving to a smaller primary jet today to see if I can do something about this. I expect to have to overcompensate the Accelerator Pump if I do this.
Off-Cruise: (slight power) gets me into the 14.1-14.9 range which has a good feel.
Power : So I like the power to kick in before I put the pedal to the floor so I moved to the pink spring. During passing or a more aggressive pedal push the mixture MAY get to 15.5 then it will drop down to around 13 and you can feel the car liking that extra fuel.
WOT : This is really no different than power. Since I moved to a 7 GB spring, the metering opens up at a higher vacuum (lower RPM)so I get power without having to floor it.

I am no carb expert at ALL, but I can tell you that these easy adjustments fit well with the way I spec'ed the engine. I was looking for the HP and torque to come in the 1000-2500 RPM range and so these tweaks with the carb are providing the mixture I need with the cam and intake manifold I chose. Every transition is smooth and without surges or drops in A/F. I will have to make a movie of the transitions so you can see the ups and downs. I need to lean out the low end a little more and then this car will be dialed in.

With the 440 and RPM Intake my 1411 is giving me a slightly rich idle, a fairly consistent off-idle (working on it) a slightly rich cruise (working on it) and a fantastic power circuit.

Today I am going to work on the pump mixture, lean out the cruise and report back. I have a feeling that by leaning out the primaries I will make the lean stumble more predominant but we will see. I really don't want to cruise in full power nor do I want to cruise with a rich mixture.