Things are WAY better but not yet great. Since I have restricted the PSI to 5.5, freed the stuck metering rod and swapped the secondaries to a smaller size I have some new numbers.

Idle - 12-13
Cruise - 13-14.5
WOT - 13-15 depending on load

The cruise is now better and the WOT is better but I am still too rich on the idle and too lean on the WOT.

The idle is adjusted as best I can get it. I have tried various initial timing combinations from 10 BTDC to 18 (started to ping) and I cannot get the idle A/F up without getting the timing dangerously high and/or sacrificing 3-4 points of vacuum. I have found a sweet spot with the timing around 14 and pulling a nice solid 15-16 vacuum. However, that combination yields a rich 12-13 A/F mixture and a consistent rich stumble as I accelerate from idle.

I think that if I could get the idle mixture up to 14-15 then the transition into the cruise circuit would be smoother. I am unsure how to do that though.

If I removed all the gauges and just drove by feel I would say the car drives well except for the additional clutch-riding I have to do in first to keep it from stumbling and stalling. The transition from the other gears is fine.

Edelbrock support today suggested I get kit 1475 and replace the pump nozzle since lowering the pump to the lowest hole leaned things out by 1/2 point. The idea is to let the idle stay a little rich and adjust the accelerator pump to use a leaner mixture.

I am trying to find a jet/rod combination to lean the main out just a hair and enrich the power and WOT out a bit. I may try rod 1419 first to see if that enriches the Power and WOT a little more. If it works, then I may use a smaller main jet to see if I can lean out the cruise a tad more. I am hoping some of that will spill over into the off-idle but that may be a pipe dream.

What do you guys think?