Just wanted to post this in case anyone wants to comment on my situation. I think I have it under control but since the story is a little unique, I thought I would share it.

Newly rebuilt 440 with a moderately tame CompCam .212 .218 duration at .050 and .447 .455 lift. This 70 Cuda is a daily driver with a 4-Speed and a ton of fun. Mopar ECU and Electronic Dizzy, brand new Eddy 1411. Stock heads ported and backcut and stock cast exhaust. Timing is happy around 12-15 Initial and 35-36 total but I have been adjusting it slightly up and down to see how she feels. I have not recurved anything.

The issue I have/had is almost trademark for a 440 with Eddy RPM Intake and Eddy 750 1411 carb HOWEVER, I welded some O2 bungs into the exhaust and determined that MY problem is rich not lean. I can adjust the idle to 13-14 A/F with the screws 3/4 turn from close. and at WOT I get between 14-15 A/F mixture. The problem is with initial acceleration and at cruise my mixture will bog down to a rich 9.7-10.5 and will then settle in around 10-12. Of course this changes slightly with outside temperature, etc.

I moved the linkage to the accelerator pump to the lowest setting and that smoothed out the stumble a little and I gained 1 point of lean in the mixture with slight acceleration and cruise (10.5-12.9 range). Today I am preparing to change to a leaner main jet and spring based on the 1411 tuning chart but I wanted to see what you smart people think of my situation as I have some theories:

1) The ignition is not advancing fast enough from idle which is causing a rich situation. I have adjusted the timing with light and by total but right now, I am adjusting initial up and down 1-2 degrees with vacuum and O2 mixture readings and with drivability tests.
2) Not enough power from the charging system to properly power the ECU and give me a strong spark during slight accelerations and cruising.
3) I am doing everything correctly and more people who have the notorious stumble should look closer at their plugs or use an O2 mixture tool just in case they are rich instead of lean.

The stumble is interesting. As I am coming to a stop and releasing the pedal the mixture becomes lean (15+) of course and then as the idle circuit resumes the engine will drop to a 9-10 mixture before coming back to the 13-14 I have tuned with the idle mixture screws. Unless I adjust the idle speed up to about 800 RPM this means intermittent stalls. I really think that leaning the cruise side will take care of the slightly rich cruise and also help minimize the stumble.I am just not exactly sure why my situation is not common.

I spoke to Eddy over the phone and they agreed that my situation is rare with larger engines. They agreed with changing the jets and springs for a leaner cruise but I trust the collective judgement in this group more.

8122811-CruiseMixture.jpg (133 downloads)