Quote:

Hysteric, that is an excellent post. Thank you for the link. I am looking at the chart now and I agree that my 440 is far happier with an idle between 11.7-12.6. I get far better vacuum readings with that A/F

My problem is when RPMs increase off-idle, the mixture drops in A/F to 10-11 and I get a stumble in power. After the quick stumble it starts to lean out as it should. I only get this from idle. If I lean the idle mixture to 13-14 then the drop and stumble is not as bad.

On the other end, the power is 1-2 points too lean even with the jet and rod changes and my WOT is still too lean as well. I am hoping some spring changes today may help with those too.

As for the low-end rich stumble, I may replace the nozzle on the accelerator to get a leaner injection to help me get that smooth transition from idle to cruise that is shown in the chart you posted.

All Classic Symptoms Of The 1407/1411 That You Are Experiencing

With that said , I will keep my negative comments to myself , and the one thousand other negative threads that I could post about the 1407/1411

Good Luck , At Least Your Making Progress

Last edited by bee1971; 04/27/14 05:09 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies