Quote:

Quote:

How 'bout this though
We have 2 cars, both weigh 3000lb, both go 11.00 @ 125mph. One has a B/B, the other a S/B.
Which one makes the most power?

Based on Physics.

If you run the numbers on 3 different HP calculaters they should all be dead nuts on But they wont!

Should be simple math right

Based on Physics,

If both combos are optimized, they should have the exact same HP right, its simple Physics as posted earlier by others

Now comes Theory,

Rehr Morrison theorizes, that if you take the Same HP but apply it at a higher RPM with more mechanical leverage. You will be faster!

Since the SB should rev higher in the above said combo. It therefore must have Less HP then the BB since it ran "only" the same number and not faster!

So the same exact HP, wont produce the Same ET, based on this.

I theorized, as others have that the BB with its wider torque/HP band would be faster then the SB at the same HP. So therefore the SB must have More HP then the BB to run the same number!

So the same exact HP, wont produce the Same ET,
based on this.

No Doubt Physics are involved, it just seems to be to hard to nail down with just the Simple, "MPH to Weight" , "Power band to Stroke" theorys.

IMO, Rehr/Morrisons theory has merit @ 10,000 RPM with more gear leverage.

But, so does the broader powerband scenario @ 6000 RPM, Take your choice with this 11.00 combo.

For the record,
500 HP @ 10,000 RPM is 263# of torque.
500 HP @ 6000 RPM is 438# of torque.

Please Tell me Tig, that you have some Dyno numbers to toss in. And that the Dyno was the same Dyno, not two across town that are a 100 HP different from one another.

Lets not forget, Jim Scortino, and W7 both stated, HP is HP, with the same HP if optimized it should run the Same ET. Its Physics, right.!

Rehr/Morrison says no, I say no!

These combos dont race down the track at a Fixed RPM HP level!

The easiest Physics of all should be the "weight vs MPH = xxx amount of HP". Why cant All of the various HP calculators agree?

After all, Its simple Physics right.

Last edited by Sport440; 07/26/11 12:01 AM.