Quote:

you have no clue what ur talkin about,a good set of j or x heads,a machine shop that knows what its doin and 4" cast crank stroker kit..and u are the one with meth injection on ur BB BEAST? MY little sb pump gas will beat ur meth injected slug by 1/2 the track..THATS WHAT I KNOW ABOUT SB'S...all u say is alot more work!!! but u cant elaborate..u need more work to a stock 440 block cause there boat anchors weight wise

yeah stroker crank, machine work and what size cam? SB are fine but cost more to build per HP. I had a great running 340. Ported J heads, 1.6 roller rockers small 455 cam TTi headers, RPM intake 750 holley thing ran great, however same components in a 440 would have generated much much more power and probably been a second faster. I run meth so I can run pump gas. All it does is make the 93 "act" like 114. You call a 440 block a boat anchors...what's the 360? You don't need diddly to make a 9:1 440 run low 12's in a B-body or low 11's in an A-body. You can do it with stock iron heads and a smaller hydro cam. I can't imagine what you'd need to run low 12's in a b-body w/ a 340. I'm starting w/ a one hundred cubic head start.
What have you done to your SB? How much $$$ do you have in it? did you put it togther in your garage? what stall..gear? what that car weigh? what are you shifting at? Do you drive it to and from the track? apples to oranges. Should I go buy an a-body, step up my converter and gear toss on a single dominator and meet you?