Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hypothetical....

Engine A, makes 500hp @ 6000 and drops 50hp by 7000, w/380tq @ 3800.

Engine B, makes 500hp @ 5200 and drops 80hp by 5900, w/450tq @ 3200.

If geared, convertered and shifted correctly, with traction NOT a factor, in the same style and weight car........who wins???

those #'s can be flip flopped. Engine A might not make any power until 5400, while engine B has been pulling since 2800???

That's what gears and converters are for.....

At "5400" to 7000, it would still have 1600 USEABLE rpm.....THAT is what wins drag races in N/A cars of same weight and HP peaks.

PERIOD....

So few have dominated drag racing with same weight cars with off idle TQ.

not spillting hairs but say you have a power and torque band of 3000-6000 and your set up, why would a power band of 5400-7k be any better? considering your torque is going to be less. I've seen many more low shifting BB in the 9's than high reving SB's stroked or not.

First, let me say, I've had/have big-small-HEMI.....I love em' all.

"Seeing" low shifting BBs out ETing SBs is irrellevant. You have no idea the power #s, weights and the million other factors responsible for ET.

We are talking SAME weight AND HP. With that being the case, the engine with more useable rpm can be geared and stalled to create a MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE to accelerate quicker. 3000-6000 powerband is a non-starter, as shift rpm fallback that wide means you need a new converter guy. So who cares what's happening at 3000???

Do you realize how much more flash stall and rear ratio you can use with an engine that hangs on till 7000 vs 6000??? Remember.....same weight car and peak HP.