Quote:

you have posted on here all about different things regarding your motor. You haven't addressed the driveline and chassis at all. you are gonna need Caltracs, subframe connectors, torqueboxes and good axles. Blueprint your frontend; go to manual steering and you are definitely going to need more than 3.23s to achieve your et goal. Even, even, EVEN IF your engine cranks 400 horses at the flywheel, you need to remember MoPar built cars as packaged vehicles; THAT was the secret to success in the 60's. you aint building a shivverlay, so throw that stuff out the window. Build your motor like you say you want to, and then we will help you find the 2 seconds of et you are missing.

I know the rest of the car needs to be brought up to specs with the engine once it's done. The car is already manual steering from the factory so I'll just check that off the list . As i mentioned before, I think the 3.55 or 3.73 gear is a good top and bottom gear, and what spline axles did the b bodies come with in those sure grip rear ends?

As far as the sound goes, if it has a nice roar to it thats fine. I'm not going for the dragster idle cause the motor won't be designed for that. I'm looking at getting more torque while getting the hp at 400 at the fly wheel. And why do 383 motors like to rev? I've heard that line a lot here on Moparts.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original