Well from doing all this research, the MP 280 grind seems to be the best all around cam for driveability with the four speed and AC while still putting out plenty of torque, plus its a good hemi grind as well. Been reading up a lot of specs out of my dad's Mopar Performance Shelby's Secrets book that was published in the mid to late 80's. It looks like the mopar bible lol.

With the exhaust, I plan on opening up the factory hi-po manifolds and running a 3 inch flowmaster exhaust to help those manifolds out. The factory 2 1/4 exhaust pipes and mufflers are still on the car and are in good condition with minimal surface rust, but I have a feeling they won't allow as much flow as a 3 inch flowmaster exhaust (duh).

One investment I'm looking at is 440source's new stealth heads. I can easily paint them and they'll resemble the factory heads and help lighten up the front end to compensate for the heavy AC pump. Plus they're a better design than the 346 heads I have. If budget doesn't allow that, then I'll rebuild the 346 heads to a point where they'll perform to the best a factory head can.

For intakes, i'm kinda stuck. I'm trying to choose between eddy's performer intake, RPM performer, or the M1 dual plane intake. Remember that I'm trying to keep the motor and car looking stock while replacing all internals that no one can see, and making a lot of torque low while have hp to closely match the torque. So I was thinking the performer closely resembles the factory intake, but the RPM performer seems to be putting out higher numbers. I dont have a clue on the performance of the M1 dual plane intake. Anyone have input on these intakes?

With the carb, I'm going to be using a Carter Competition 750 cfm carb. I removed its nameplate and it resembles the factory mopar AFB carb. After a good rebuild and a little jet work and it should work great.

Finally, I'm really considering rebuilding the rear end with a 3.55 gear since I do plan on using a somewhat tall tire and it will give better response etc etc.

Last edited by DarkRunner; 07/05/09 01:53 AM.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original