Your 18, and taking a rather inflexible position here... I've been doing this for 22 years, and havent used an MP cam in 8 years. You quote a book printed in the 80s, and partially financed by MP. Try bringing your build into the internet age and use a cam that takes advantage of things those books' authors never fully researched. You've gotten a bunch if good info here. It's your choice to use it or not. I can tell you, 98% of cam failures are a result of builder or first start errors. Not a brand name. Read something written in the last 4 years and good luck to you. It's cool that you're a young gun who's goig against the grain of your peers. Which is why I find it funny you choose to rely on yourself and not the guys that did it before.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.