I've been disassembling my 71' roadrunner to get it ready for restoration. Right now I'm trying to figure out what a good cam would be for my motor. The car is completely stock. My intention is to have a good street machine that can dip into 12.5 to 13 et at the track. I've been told the MP484 lift grind would be good but the MP474 lift would be better because I intend on keeping the factory AC. Is anyone using these cams or have suggestions for something better.

The plan so far is to keep the motor factory looking but replace the internals to create a sleeper. I'm going to port and polish the 346 heads, put on an edelbrock performer intake, and am debating on putting on a T-quad or keeping the 750 competition carb already on it (previous owner). I took off the nameplate of the carb in order to make it look like a factory AVS carb. With the exhaust, I'm going to open up the factory hi-po manifolds and probably run a 3in. exhaust to help compensate for the manifolds.

The rear end has a 3.23 sure grip posi and the car is a factory 4 speed. Another question I have is if a 69' roadrunner 4 speed better than a 71' 4 speed. The previous owner gave me the 69' 4 speed as part of the deal.

If anyone has suggestions as far as the cam, carb, intake, or anything else I'd really appreciate it.

PS I don't want to build a stroker motor

Last edited by DarkRunner; 07/04/09 12:12 AM.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original