Because I feel that the 280 grind cam is really respectable. I've spoken to two different guys who have built every type of mopar motor you can imagine way back in the 60's till now. There is nothing wrong with a 30+ year old cam design. If it works it works. I'm sure comp cams and lunati voodoo cams are great, but the main thing I've heard with comp is that they're having trouble with flattening cam lobes and lunati just changed hands with a different company. At least with the mopar brands its a 3 decade proven technology. Now I do plan on talking with Hughes as well. I haven't spoken with anyone from mopar performance. I'm not here to dog anyone using these brand cams, this is just my opinion.

The idea here is a simple street car that I'm sure can easily pull a mid 13 at the strip. Its not a race car and I shouldn't have to complicate the choosing of a cam because I will probably not notice it on the street. The only time you notice any great changes is if your drag racing, so why get down to the nitty gritty with different name brand cams? Comp cams basically took the MP designs and made slight changes and slapped on the name "Mopar Purple Plus". Thats just my 2 cents

Last edited by DarkRunner; 07/05/09 02:55 AM.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original