Quote:

Does the LSA play that big of a factor when using either headers or manifolds? The LSA on that 280 grind is 110* but I know that new 284 MP cam has 114 LSA along with the previous one that had 108* or so LSA.

That sucks that performer RPM intake doesn't clear cause I do plan on using the factory air cleaner. Has anyone used that M1 dual plane intake before? It looks kinda like the stock intake so I'm curious if the runners are larger and better air flow?

PS I'm the young gun

LSA matters alot with headers vs manifolds because LSA effects overlap. Overlap is the time that both the intake and exhaust valve are open between the ehxuast and intake stroke. The overlap helps out power at higher rpm because of scavenging created by the exhaust (kind of a vacuum created by the momentum of the exhaust moving out of the engine) which helps create a lower pressure in the cylinder and draw the intake charge in faster and stronger (thus getting more in). Headers create alot of scavenging, manifolds dont. So when you're running manifolds having alot of overlap just kills power because the cam isnt taking advantage of any scavenging, instead you're just bleeding off compression and burning exhaust like a large cam engine does at lower rpm.

Good luck with the cam, I'd reccomend Engle.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street