Quote:

So does anyone use the MP cam now? And how many of you guys actually used one of these cams in the past, minus those who provided a direct experience (Thanks again). I want opinions from people who have actually used the MP cam, not people who have never used it telling me that its a 30 year old design. Another thing is that not every guy who owns a mopar built their motor perfectly. It's easy for someone to put in the wrong pistons, intake, carb, etc. and blame it on the camshaft.

And if the MP products are so bad, then why are they still manufacturing and selling them? There must be consumers out there who think their products are worth it.

Somebody please tell me a simple issue of why the MP cams are so bad. Is it too much overlap, lift, duration, or was the mopar world tired of MP cams and decided to just go and try other things?

I'm willing to bet I'm one of the guys who has ran the MoPar Performance cams the MOST on these forums... I've ran maybe 25 to 30 of them over the years in different cars. Most were the 4120235 484 grind in big blocks, mainly 440s.
I like the 484 cam.
I've tried a few Comp Cams over they years, I like them too.
The ONLY brand camshaft I have ever seen troubles with to be honest was the Sig erson cams in 440. My buddy ran them, he loved the performance but he had many go flat, the front of two cams broke at the dowel pin, it was weird. We stopped using them.
I've never had any troubles with MP cams and I've ran many.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY