I've used the 484 cam in a '69 440 GTX that was otherwise rebuilt to stock specs.It had AC,was an automatic with a bit of added stall to the converter,HP exh.manifolds,stock intake and AVS carb and was ran with both 3.23 and 4.10 gears.It works ok with the AC,although it idles a bit rough.The car has ran 13.98 street tires and through the mufflers.I think a 3.55 or 3.91 gear would have been better.I built a 383 for my '69 runner back in the day using an MP .474 lift cam,actually back then it was a .471/.474 lift cam!The 383 had cast low CR pistons,ported and shaved 906 heads,big tube headers and a six pack intake/carbs.It was a 4-speed and had a Dana 60 with 4.56 gears.This car was fun!It would require a shift to second gear before you were through an intersection when leaving a light under full throttle.The six-pack would let it rev to 7000+ rpm if you didn't shift asap,and would rev in high gear too on the banzai run!When I sold the car.they swapped in 3.54 gears and it ran well with that too,though I did not drive it personally.The .474 cam may be an option for you.I owned my roadrunner when I was 18,I'm 43 now, and it's still my favorite of all the cars I have owned,and there have been many!Have fun with your 'runner!
RT