I wouldn't think so because its only two or three steps up from the factory cam that's a .450 lift. I'm sure the lobe sep. on the MP 484 is a little more radical than the factory 115. That's what I'm trying to figure out here though because I have no experience with a 4 speed. Always worked with automatics and torque converters. I figured with the 4 speed putting all the power to the rear, the 3.23 sure grip would hold up fine. I spoke to a guy with a 71' charger and he said the big problem with this body style is traction in the back. So if I bumped up the gear to a 3.55, would it be that big of a gain? That should be the same as swapping a 3.42 to a 3.73 in my malibu. There just isn't too much of a difference is there?

And I haven't a clue either how the AC plays that much of a factor in the performance, but supposedly it does. Another question I'm throwing out here is is there a way to convert that massive factory AC pump from R12 to R134 or am I going to have to replace the entire system including the pump?

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original